Learn how to make your entry stand out from the crowd. Whether you’re entering writing contests or submitting to agents and publishers, it’s all a contest. And many entries never make it past the first reader.
When: Saturday, June 17, 2017; 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location:Minden Branch of the Haliburton County Public Library, 174 Bobcaygeon Road, Minden, Ontario
Write to Win is all contest, all day, with exercises, surprises and prizes. This hands-on workshop will help you
- choose the best contests before you even start writing
- learn what eliminates many entries
- understand the process of judging
- try on various writing forms and approaches
- take home a wealth of tips and materials
- Barbara Novak Award For Excellence In Humour and/or Personal Essay Writing
- Whitchurch-Stouffville Grimm Fairy Tale Short Fiction Contest
- Canadian Living short story contest
- Ontario Arts Council grants
- Geist Literal Postcard Story Contest
- Dan Sullivan Memorial Poetry Contest
- The Writers’ Circle of Durham Region short story contest
- Suburban Newspapers of America Advertising and Promotions Contest
Dorothea and Ruth have also created and administered contests, and are sought-after judges for international, national and regional writing contests.They have seen some wonderful entries get eliminated early on. And they have had to decide first, second and third place with dozens of brilliant entries to choose from. How did they do it?
To register, visit http://writescape.ca/site/2016/01/write-to-win-workshop/